воскресенье, 12 февраля 2017 г.

INFINITIVES USED IN REAL LIFE

Hello everyone! Today I have found these 3 articles, I`m not sure that they are interesting but we were told to pick ANY artickle, so ...😋😋😃

1.'Canada Today: An Isolated Lake and a Welcome Mat for Refugees' (full article)
  1. 'I returned to Deline to learn more about the community’s relationship with the lake, to witness the interplay of culture...' - NPA infinitive as an adverbial modifier of purpose
  2. 'Craig Smith looked at the thorny issues surrounding the federal government’s program to determine who is officially recognized...' - NPA infinitive as an adverbial modifier of purpose
  3. 'The government has moved to revoke the Indian status...' - NPA infinitive as an adverbial modifier of purpose
  4. '...that anyone who has the opportunity to see it, do so...' - NPA as attribute
  5. '... have banded together to buy its bankrupt and unfinished ski resort...' - NPA infinitive as an adverbial modifier of purpose
  6. '...may dimly recall from their geography lessons...' - bare infinitive as a part of a compound verbal modal predicate
2. 'North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile, Challenging Trump' (full article)

  1. '...the North’s first attempt to test President Trump’s policy...' -  NPA as attribute
  2. '... had launched the missile to raise tensions over its weapons programs and to use it as leverage in dealing...' -  NPA infinitive as an adverbial modifier of purpose
  3. '...We see this as part of an attempt by the North to grab attention by demonstrating its nuclear and missile capabilities and to counter the new United States administration’s strong policy...'- NPA infinitive as attribute, NPA infinitive as attribute
  4. 'I just want everybody to understand...' - NPA as part of Complex Object after verb 'want'

3.‘I Didn’t Want to Lose My Identity’: 16,000 Readers Reflect on Their Surnames (full article)

  1. 'I Didn’t Want to Lose My Identity' - NPA as object
  2. 'when I could get married and take someone else’s last name' - bare infinitive as a part of a compound verbal modal predicate
  3. 'She decided to embrace and keep her name' - NPA infinitive as object
  4. 'the decision on whether to change their names carried significant weight...' - NPA infinitive as attribute
  5. 'Some looked to their names as badges of cultural identity, others as symbolic links to their fathers that they were eager to preserve, or to sever.' - NPA infinitive as adverbial modifier of purpose
  6. 'He was the first (and only) person in his circle to complete college. ' - NPA infinitive as attribute
  7. 'My name was hard to pronounce, hard to spell'- NPA infinitive as attribute
  8.  'I used to blush every time a new ' - NPA as object
  9. 'Every time now that someone struggles to pronounce it' - NPA infinitive as object
  10. 'There was no decision to be made.' - NPP infinitive as attribute
  11. '  I am proud to use his name to show that children of immigrants' - NPA infinitive as object, NPA infinitive as an adverbial modifier of purpose
  12. '...husband offered to take my name...' - NPA infinitive as object
  13. '...while his sisters quit school to work and support the family in their brothers...’ - NPA infinitive as an adverbial modifier of purpose
  14. 'I asked them if I could take their family name.' - NPA infinitive as a part of a compound verbal modal predicate
  15. 'When I was 8 years old, my mother made the decision to take her maiden name back' - NPA infinitive as attribute
  16. 'I wanted future generations to be able to find me easily when they research the first relations to move to the States.' - NPA infinitive as part of Complex Object after verb 'want', NPA infinitive as object
  17. 'if our kids could have my name' - bare infinitive as a part of a compound verbal modal predicate
  18. 'it would be nice to do the traditional thing like that' - bare infinitive as a part of a compound verbal modal predicate, NPA infinitive as subject
  19. 'the barbed treatment I might get' - bare infinitive as a part of a compound verbal modal predicate
  20. 'it was required by law to change your last name' - NPA infinitive as subject

2 комментария: