воскресенье, 26 февраля 2017 г.

My story with gerunds

Good afternoon!

When I started to write my story, I could not choose the topic. That is why I just decided to start writing. It might look like my stream of consciousness, but I hope that you will like it :)

                              Enjoying your life means…

When you read the name of the article, did you finish the sentence? When you hear about some joy, do you get some associations at once? And if yes, do you do the things you associate joy with?

What about stopping waiting for something and starting acting? I am sure one can get anything if one does his best. The question is then whether you are ready to do your best. I must admit that reaching goals is not an easy task, but there is no use only dreaming about them. Your life is now, why not live then? I do not feel like teaching you how to do it, no, not at all. I just want you to think about yourself. What about doing something now you have always dreamt about? What prevents you from fulfilling your wishes? When I was younger I used to lie dreaming about some fascinating things I could do when I was older. And now I am, but what has it changed?

I would like you to understand, it is not up to the time to change something. It is only up to you. Do you really need any pretext for going to a theatre or trying bungee jumping? Is it not enough that you want it? Remember, there is no success without trying. Do not deprive yourself for fear of being misunderstood or judged.

You can do everything. I believe in you. 

2 комментария:

  1. It's quite cool that somehow we have posted something rather similar, though these thoughts have occurred to us at different moments and for some particular reasons. Nice short discourse, I liked it indeed.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Ania, thank you a lot for your inspiring post, it made me think of whether it is possible to enjoy life to the full and what actually I believe to be "the full":)

    There are gerunds I managed to find in this post:
    -I just decided to start writing… (A part of a compound verbal aspect predicate)
    -Enjoying your life means… (Subject)
    -What about stopping (Predicate) waiting (A part of a compound verbal aspect predicate) for something and starting (Predicate) acting (A part of a compound verbal aspect predicate)?
    -I must admit that reaching goals is not an easy task… (Subject)
    -There is no use only dreaming about them… (Subject)
    -I do not feel like teaching you… (Predicative)
    -What about doing something now… (Predicate)
    -What prevents you from fulfilling your wishes? (Object)
    -Do you really need any pretext for going to a theatre or trying bungee jumping? (Attribute)
    -…for fear of being misunderstood or judged (Adverbial modifier of reason)

    ОтветитьУдалить